Histology Guide allows the viewing of high-quality images obtained by light or electron microscopy (EM). Users can interactively explore huge images in real-time. The browser-based interface recreates the experience of using a microscope. To aid in the interpretation of images, the key features are described for each image.
Click the following images for instructions on how to use the viewer with virtual slides or EM micrographs.
Histology Guide supports saving any view as a 'bookmark' in your browser. This allows any view to be shared with others at a later time.
The prefences button allows customization of the virtual slide/EM micrograph viewers.
- Choose a theme - dark and light color schemes for the web site can be choosen (default is dark)
- Viewer options - show/hide various features of the viewer
- Navigator - thumbnail of whole slide or micrograph
- Toolbar - show/hide the toolbar or just the magnifications, size of view and pointer
- Scalebar - show/hide and change its color
- List of views - rapidly scroll throught the saved views
- Previous/next view buttons - arrows appear when the mouse is over the right/edges and allow moving thorugh saved views
- Reading style - display descriptions as multiple/single page(s)
- Reading font size - decrease/increase the font size